March 12, 2011

Thinking of Spring

   I'm sure by now that everyone is awaiting the arrival of Spring just as much as I am. We have been very lucky this year, compared to last, that we haven't gotten much snow here in Virginia. But I know that alot of you have and I hope you've stayed safe and as warm as possible.
   The card I'm sharing today is happy little card that makes me think of Spring. I'm entering it in the challenge over at Joan's Garden. The challenge is to use the colors orange and blue, create a card with a spring theme, use a die cut and use a circle. 

   I knew right off that I wanted to use this stamp from Morehead Stamps. Isn't she adorable? I stamped her on Heavenly Smooth Ultrawhite Cardstock from PaperTemptress using black Memento Ink. She was then colored with various Copic markers and cut with the round Nestability. Then I cut out a blue and an orange scalloped circle and adhered them together. I made a plain white card (6 1/2" X 5") and using a corner punch I rounded opposite corners.
The blue layered paper is from 3Birds and the polka dot paper is from a DCWV stack. I added the Orange Zest swiss dotted satin ribbon from Papertrey Ink 
and a butterfly sticker from Martha Stewart. The sentiment is a stamp from JustRite Stampers Heart to Heart set.

I hope you're thinking Spring!

2 comments:

  1. Sharon your card is terrific. The focal imaage is too cute for words. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sharon, Congrats on winning Joan's Challenge!!!! I love your card!! Wonderful Job!!

    ReplyDelete